Are Aluminum Water Bottles Safe to Drink From?
As culture is starting to evolve and become more health conscious, many more people are beginning to question how the foods they eat, the products they use, and even water they drink can affect their health. Of course, most of us know by now that everything we put in or on our body can definitely play a role in our well-being, however, most people feel at a loss of what the “right” decision for their health is. In fact, because there is so much conflicting research out there, most people that enter the health realm may feel more confused than ever before. As such, a well-intentioned person may become increasingly fearful about consuming anything that may cause health concerns, especially if the person is already suffering from chronic conditions to begin with.
One of the health concerns many people are facing in modern times is the health consequences from consuming toxic heavy metals. Because there is a lot of fear circulating about the consumption of heavy metals, some people may even be leery of drinking water that is packaged in an aluminum water bottle. This makes sense, since aluminum is a metal. However, in order to combat the fear of heavy metal toxicity from aluminum bottles the record needs to be set straight. Then, by clearing up any misinformation about aluminum water bottles one can make a more informed decision that will best impact not only their own health and well-being but the health of the planet as a whole.
Is it Safe to Drink from Aluminum Water Bottles?
As expected, many people raise concern with regards to exposing oneself to aluminum. However, aluminum in and of itself does not pose any health risks as it does not have a high toxicity level, especially when utilized in aluminum water bottles. The real culprit people need to be on the lookout for is aluminum bottles that are lined with BPA. BPA, short for Bisphenol-A, is a chemical that is oftentimes used in the manufacturing of food containers. BPA’s purpose is to create a stronger, studier plastic. Unfortunately, however, creating this type of plastic has been reported to also cause serious health side-effects to the user.
BPA mimics the structure and function of estrogen, the hormone which promotes development and maintenance of female characteristics in the body. Because it takes on an estrogen-type shape, BPA is known to bind to estrogen receptors that also influence bodily processes responsible for growth, cell repair, fetal development, energy levels, and reproduction. Research even shows that exposure to BPA can cause possible health effects on the brain and prostate gland of fetuses, infants, and children. It is also known to affect children’s behavior. Furthermore, human studies have reported that high levels of BPA are linked to a:
- 27-135% greater risk of high blood pressure
- 18-63% higher risk of heart disease
- 21-60% increased risk of diabetes
- 68-130% higher risk of type 2 diabetes
So, as you can see, BPA is the real troublemaker in the health dilemma. Aluminum, on the other hand, is safe to eat from, drink from, and cook from. In fact, aluminum is one of the most abundant metals on earth, as it naturally occurs in air and water and in almost all foods you eat, including fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, grains, and dairy products. Furthermore, regardless if aluminum is ingested through food or water, most aluminum is eliminated through the body’s waste products and, therefore, is not considered harmful to one’s health.
Benefits of Choosing Aluminum Water Bottles
Besides being safe to drink from, there are a myriad of other reasons why drinking from aluminum water bottles can be beneficial. These include:
- Aluminum water bottles are eco-friendly: In order to help save the planet, one needs to be conscious about their need to reduce, reuse, and recycle. Choosing aluminum bottles are one of the easiest and most environmentally-friendly actions you can take to help preserve the environment. In fact, aluminum contains 3x more recycled content than any other beverage container. Furthermore, aluminum quickly decomposes, unlike its counterpart, plastic, which can take 400 years to decompose. This, in turn, frees up landfills. Additionally, it takes significantly less energy to produce aluminum than any other container, making it a massive energy and power saver. In fact, emissions from transporting and producing aluminum are 7-21% lower than that of making and transporting plastic, and 35-49% lower than making and transporting glass bottles.
- Aluminum water bottles save a lot of money: Statistically speaking, most people can save up to a hundred dollars just by drinking from a reusable bottle. This is due to the fact that with a reusable bottle you no longer need to purchase single-use bottles. Furthermore, many juice and coffee shops are now offering a discount on your drink if you bring your own reusable bottle with you, saving you extra money in the long-run.
- Aluminum water bottles help water taste great: Since aluminum bottles hold the temperature of your beverage well, you are better able to keep your cold drinks cold and your warm drinks warm. This keeps your beverages tasting great all day long.
- Aluminum water bottles are durable: Aluminum bottles can easily withstand being dropped, unlike glass bottles which can easily shatter when dropped. Switching to aluminum water bottles can save you the headache from picking up broken glass, as all of us know what a disaster dropping glass with liquid inside can be like.
- Aluminum water bottles are virtually spill-proof: Aluminum water bottles typically come with secure caps that make it much harder for liquids to spill out from. This means that you can throw your aluminum water bottle in your bag with little worries that it might leak.
Best Aluminum Water Bottles
As previously mentioned, one of the best ways to protect your health is to consume water in a BPA-free aluminum bottle. Furthermore, drinking the purest, cleanest water on the planet will ensure your health is being well-taken care of. To do this, make sure you are drinking alkaline rainwater packaged in aluminum water bottles, as this is the purest and cleanest form of water on the planet. Order some today and not only will you be grateful that you found a water that has a delicious and refreshing taste but you will also be grateful for the positive affects it can have on your health.